Cannot load 32-bit plugin Notepad++
Having installed Notepad++ with the Windows 10 apps store, it installed by default the 64 bits version. This wasn't a problem, until I tried to Compare two text files with Notepad++ and Order a list and remove duplicates, which both require a 32 bit version of Notepad++ to work.
The solution is pretty simple - download the 32 bit version from the Notepad++ website, and install it. It will propose by default to update itself the existing installation, without losing any work, like open drafts and files.
Notepad++ 32 bit or 64 bit
On Notepad++ website, download the 32 bit version:
During the installation, the program will offer to replace the existing installation, without losing any work.
Then, in the old installation folder, which was located in Program Files:
Notepad++ download for Windows 10 64 bit
Copy the plugins to use with the application in the Program Files (x86) folder:
And restart the program in order to see the plugins appear in the menus:
Notepad++ 32 or 64 bits
The question is valid, should we use Notepad++ in 32 or 64 bits?
Actually, it does not change anything, except that depending on the version you have chosen, you will have to download the corresponding plugins.
If you have selected Notepad++ 32 bits, then you should always download x86 plugin versions.
If you have selected Notepad++ 64 bits, then you should always download x64 plugin versions.
- Tux - The Linux Penguin Official Open Source Mascot
- 2018 Lenovo ThinkPad E580 Business Laptop - 15.6' Anti-Glare (1366x768), Intel Core i5-7200U, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR4, Wi-Fi + BlueTooth, Webcam, FingerPrint Reader, Windows 10 Professional - Black
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Intel Core M, 4GB RAM, 128GB) – Newest Version
- Samsung SM-N950UZVAXAA Galaxy Note8 (US Version) Factory Unlocked Phone - 6.3' Screen - 64GB - Orchid Gray (U.S. Warranty)
- Scratch Programming Playground: Learn to Program by Making Cool Games
- Logitech M510 Wireless Computer Mouse
- AmazonBasics Classic Notebook - Ruled
- Notepad++, complete text editor
- Windows 10 – Wikipedia
- Notepad++ - Wikipedia
- Microsoft Software | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM | PC Disc
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Download
- Notepad++ download page
- Use Notepad++ to Create a Clean Transcript with Text only