How to transfer money internationally
Working internationally, general traveling often, or having to pay consultants in other currencies, we always come up to this question: what is the best way to send money abroad?
TransferWise: transfer money abroad, good conversion rate and cheap fee, the best online money transfer services app.
How to transfer money overseas
Having used over time several tools, including Western Union, bank transfers, or Paypal, they all have 2 main issues. They are expensive, and complicated to use.
Many steps required, the transaction fee and final rate aren’t very clear, a lot of information is required to set up the account or the transfer.
Western Union remains the best (or more like the only…) way to send money to somebody which doesn’t have a bank account.
However, if the recipient do have a bank account, the best option is now TransferWise!
Using the service for more than 3 years, with great satisfaction. The rate is always transparent, the interface is user friendly, the fee is minimal, and it is processed on time (4 business days with a bank transfer, or only 1 day with the recent credit card payment option). You can even choose to send a defined amount in the origin currency, or in the target currency (i.e., you want to send exactly 400 AED to UAE the next day, paid with your credit card in EUR regardless of the current rate).
Transferwise the best way to send money abroad
It also supports numerous currencies – at the moment, you can send (and receive) in all of these currencies:
– Australia AU Australian Dollar AUD,
– Bulgaria BG Bulgarian Lev BGN,
– Brazil BR Brazilian Real BRL,
– Canada CA Canadian Dollar CAD,
– Switzerland CH Swiss Franc CHF,
– Czech Republic CZ Czech Koruna CZK,
– Denmark DK Danish Krone DKK,
– European Union EU Euro EUR,
– United Kingdom UK British Pound GBP,
– Hungary HU Hungarian Forint HUF,
– Japan JP Japanese Yen JPY,
– Norway NO Norwegian Krone NOK,
– New Zealand NZ New Zealand Dollar NZD,
– Poland PL Polish Zloty PLN,
– Romania RO New Romanian Leu RON,
– Sweden SE Swedish Krona SEK,
– Singapore SG Singapore Dollar SGD,
– United States US US Dollar USD.
Cheapest money transfer
You can also receive in the following currencies – not send yet, but it is probably only a question of time:
– UAE United Arab Emirates AE UAE Dirham AED,
– Bangladesh BD Bangladeshi Taka BDT,
– Chile CL Chilean Peso CLP,
– Georgia GE Georgian Lari GEL,
– Hong Kong HK Hong Kong Dollar HKD,
– Indonesia ID Indonesian Rupiah IDR,
– India IN Indian Rupee INR,
– South Korea KR South Korean Won KRW,
– Sri Lanka LK Sri Lankan Rupee LKR,
– Morocco MA Moroccan Dirham MAD,
– Mexico MX Mexican Peso MXN,
– Malaysia MY Malaysian Ringgit MYR,
– Philippines PH Philippine Peso PHP,
– Pakistan PK Pakistani Rupee PKR,
– Russia RU Russian Ruble RUB,
– Thailand TH Thai Bhat THB,
– Turkey TR Turkish Lira TRY,
– Ukraine UA Ukrainian Hryvnia UAH,
– Vietnam VN Vietnamese Dong VND,
– South Africa ZA South African Rand ZAR.
To start, the login process is simple – only use your Facebook or Google account for example, you can then login with a single button click.
Therefore, if you need to proceed to an international money transfer, don’t wait to use their awesome service!
International money transfer
For example, I successfully use it every month to transfer my money from my Swiss bank account to my French bank, as I have a better credit card there for the daily use.
I also used TransferWise for transfer payments to buy a Brazilian bikini in MI MorenaBeachwear’s shop in Dubai, payment was even easier than a bank transfer.
Only had to get the contact bank details, setup a transfer for a fixed target amount, and start the transfer.
Money transfer credit card
Go even further by ordering a BorderLess credit card with your TransferWise account, a free debit card with which you will be able to pay in all currencies opened on TransferWise, after having setup a currency account, or any currency in the world with their cheapest international conversion fee.